Doolin Ferry Sailing Tips, for better safety and enjoyment of your trip…
- Our Main ticket office is located on Doolin Pier. You will see Bill O’Brien in Red Letters over our door, left door only.
- Before boarding passengers are required to purchase a boarding pass from our ticket office.
- Passengers shoulAd check in to our office at least 20 minutes prior to sailing time.
- There is a small Refreshment Stand located on Doolin Pier for light snacks before/after your departure.
- Bicycles are permitted on board free of charge.
- Our ferries are dog friendly. Dogs are welcome on board as long as they have a suitable restraint/lead.
- The seas of the Atlantic coast can be unpredictable. Certain days the sea is like glass and on others, choppy. If you are prone to motioin-sickness we may recommend taking an anti-motion-sickness medication before your departure.
- Ireland and its west coast in particular is famous for having all four seasons of weather in one day. We recommend wearing several layers when visiting the Aran Islands. A short sleeve shirt, jumper, and a light weight rain shell is usually a safe bet. If you plan on walking and climbing the hill tops we would also recommend appropriate footwear.
- Once on board sit back, take in the sea air, and enjoy the views.
Boarding & Access to our Ferries
- Ferries are wheelchair friendly and accessible for all ages from infants to seniors. We advise you to contact us in advance to assess the tides for any particular day passengers with reduced mobility wish to travel.
- With over 40 years of experience our Staff and Crew are trained and able to assist you with any special needs to best of our ability.
- Our ferries are equipped with A Special Rescue craft in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- Life jackets are stored on board for each passenger but they are not permitted to be worn, unless there is a case of an emergency.
- Ferries are for Passengers Only. Cars are not permitted for visiting the Aran Islands.
While On Board
- Our ferries are the largest and most comfortable ferries operating in Doolin.
- You can enjoy comfortable coach-style seating indoors for up to 100 persons.
- There are several viewing decks on board with plenty of space for passengers to move about and explore the views along the way.
- Refreshments and Mini-Bar available on board the M.V. Tranquility.
- Indoor heated seating and toilets on board all ferries.