New parking fees from Clare County Council have been put in place at Doolin Pier and Harbour from 2016.
Parking fees are: For 0 – 2 hours: €1, For 2 – 30 hours: €5, For 30 hours – 1 week: €15
This is a Pay and Display parking system so you will find your parking space first then go to the meter and pay for the time you expect your car to be parked at Doolin Pier. Having change or small bills on hand is a good idea. One ticket machine does accept most major credit and debit cards, and you may also use the Park Magic App to pay online. After you pay for your time period it will print out a ticket which you then need to display on the dash of your car. Visitors often ask us how to find Doolin Pier. When you reach the village of Doolin you will find large blue signs that say ‘Doolin Harbour’. Follow the Doolin Ferry signs all the way through the village. You will go past Fitz’s cross and the Hotel Doolin, you will go past Fisher Street and O’Connor’s Pub, go past the Doolin Pitch and Putt and Nagles Campsite until you see the water and Doolin Harbour. There are two main parking lots located around the pier area. One parking lot is located behind our ticket office at Doolin Pier, and the other is located beside Nagle’s campsite. Both parking areas are paid parking and suitable for use for ferry travel.
Directions from Dublin / Galway City to Doolin
Travel time will take about 3.5 – 4 hours from Dublin / 1.5 – 2 hours from Galway
– Depart Dublin Airport in the direction of the M1 (sign says Dublin).
– Take the M1 at junction 1 and join the M50 (sign says Other Routes Southbound).
– Take junction 7 to the M4 (sign says Sligo, Westport, Galway).
– Take junction 11 to the M6 to Galway.
– At junction 19 turn onto the N18 (sign says Oranmore, Limerick).
Follow the N18 out of Galway. You will take a sharp Right turn after the village of Kilcogan (sign says N67 to Cliffs of Moher). Take the N67 all the way to Ballyvaughan. In Ballyvaughan turn Right at the ‘T’ junctions and follow the coast road from Ballyvaughan to Doolin for about 15 miles. You will take a slight Right upon arriving to Doolin passing the Doolin Cave. When you arrive to the center of Doolin go Straight past the Hotel Doolin and follow the blue sign posts all the way to Doolin Pier. You will know you have arrived when you see the water in front of you.
We have a great day tour on offer from Galway City to the Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher, see this option HERE.
Directions from Limerick / Shannon Airport to Doolin
Travel time will take 1.5 hours from Limerick / 1 hour from Shannon Airport
– Leave the Airport on the N19 in the direction of Galway / Ennis and take the M18 (sign says Galway).
– Take junction 12 to the M18 heading to Ennistymon on to the N85.
– Follow signs to Ennistymon-N85 going Straight through all the roundabouts. At the last roundabout take a Left onto the N85 heading to Ennistymon.
– Drive straight through the town of Ennistymon to Lisdoonvarna on the N67.
– At the 4th crossroads turn Left onto the R478, this road will bring you to Doolin and then also on to the Cliffs of Moher.
After about 3 miles you come to ‘Creamery Cross’ and a small service station, turn right here and follow the road down to the village centre of Doolin. At ‘Fitz’s Cross/ Hotel Doolin, take a Left and follow the Doolin Harbour signs all the way down past Fisher Street until you reach Doolin Pier.
The Doolin Ferry Co. main ticket office is located on Doolin Pier. We are in the left hand corner and our office is all white. Just look for Bill O’Brien in red letters above our door! We also have an information point and ticket outlet on the charming Fisher Steet, located next to O’Connor’s Pub and O’Brien’s Craft shop. If you have any further questions related to parking at Doolin Pier please email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a ring at +353 (0) 65 707 5555.